10 Things You Didn’t Know About Martin Garrix
March 9, 2019
From a bedroom DJ to one of dance music’s biggest prodigies, Martin Garrix is EDM’s favourite poster boy! Let’s take 10 steps closer to getting to know the young Dutch DJ.
- His real name is Martijn Gerard Garritsen.
- He was born on 14 May 1996.
- Martin Garrix’ first headline performance was at a wedding when he was only 10 years old!
- Tiesto is his idol. He first saw the DJ play live at the The Athens Olympic.
- ‘Animals’ made him a record-breaking phenomenon, making him the youngest DJ to make it to Beatport’s Top 100 list.
- At 16 years old, he remixed Christina Aguilera’s “Your Body”.
- He’s also the youngest DJ to play at the biggest club in the world, Privilege Ibiza.
- He’s obsessed with pizza. Favourite toppings being cheese, truffle, and mushrooms.
- He learned to play the guitar when he was 8.
- STMPD Records was named after his father’s stamp collection.
And with that, we take it back to one of his greatest hits, Animals.
What’s your favourite Martin Garrix song? Let us know in the comments below and stayed tuned to Dance FM!