10 Interesting Facts About Tomorrowland
June 5, 2019
People of Tomorrow will probably agree that Tomorrowland is a fairy tale festival! The award-winning and biggest electronic dance festival puts on a show and how! From surreal themes to epic laser shows to thousands of people uniting for the love of music, Tomorrowland throws one heck of a party and how! Here are 10 interesting facts you might have not known about the festival.
1. The first Tomorrowland festival took place in 2005, with a crowd of 10,000 people. To drive the buzz, organisers actually gave away free passes.
2. There’s a special Tomorrowland flight that’s actually an epic pre-party ride. Tomorrowland has been partnering with Brussels Airlines to bring magic to the skies.
3. ‘Tomorrow/Give Into The Night’ is the highest selling Tomorrowland anthem. It was produced by Dimitri Vegas, Dada Life and Like Mike with vocals by Tara McDonald.
4. In 2012, the server couldn’t handle the pressure and crashed because too many people were trying to buy tickets! The craze is real!
5. In 2012, Tomorrowland hosted Cloud Rider, the highest mobile Ferris wheel in Europe.
6. There’s a library with shelves full of books at Tomorrowland! But really, does anyone even get time to read?
7. David Guetta has performed at almost all the Tomorrowland festivals.
8. There’s a secret 100 ft bunker that stores away all the cables, so that festival goers don’t trip and fall.
9. Tomorrowland has their own newspaper called “Tomorrowland Today”. Imagine waking up to that.
10. And they have their own currency called “Pearls” that are topped up on your Tomorrowland bracelet.
Our Heart Breakfast team had an epic time at last year’s Tomorrowland. Here’s what they got up to! Are we going to Tomorrowland 2019? Well, you’ll have to stay tuned to find out!