10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT HARDWELL
January 6, 2020
Did you know his real name is Robbert van de Corput?!
Hardwell is one the world’s leading DJs, a philanthropist and a pioneer in electronic dance music. He was voted the world’s number one DJ in 2013 and 2014, and was ranked in the top three 100 DJs 2018 poll by DJ Mag. But this is just a glimpse of all of his achievements. Today, we’re getting to know the Dutch DJ better with 10 super interesting facts.
1. Hardwell started to play the piano when he was only 4 years old. So young, so talented.
2. He got his stage name from his father, who translated his last name .i.e. Cor translates to “hart” in latin, while put means “well” in Dutch, so they came up with Hardwell!
3. He signed his first record deal at the age of 14. For the next 4 years, his parents accompanied him to clubs where he was playing ’cause he was too young to even enter them!
4. He hails from Breda, which is also the same city Tiesto is from! And interestingly, his hit track ‘Zero 76’ is the area code of the city.
5. To add to his talents, he’s skilled at judo and martial arts (read: not to be messed with).
6. Hardwell also loves hip-hop and actually started his career producing hip-hop tracks.
7. He’s a huge philanthropist and played at the World’s Biggest Guestlist where they raised enough money to educate 18000 children in India.
8. He’s the voice behind Mel in the Dutch version of “The Secret Life of Pets”.
9. In 2011, he launched a radio show and podcast titled “Hardwell On Air”. You can hear it here.
10. Reportedly, his net worth is $23 million!
And that’s a wrap! Did you know they super cool facts about Hardwell? Also, if you had to pick one of his songs to play on repeat, which one would it be?